I am super stoked that Southern Charm is back on Bravo! It is my favorite mindless TV show at the moment.
This past weekend Adam and I had some DIY wedding projects going on. He helped me spray paint wine bottles gold for our rehearsal dinner before the big day.
Sunday night we ate dinner by my parents house. Shrimp and linguini (mine was drizzled with balsamic glaze because I’m obsessed).
My mom got me a Clarisonic for my upcoming bday!!! So excited to finally try this!!! We have a running joke about this. A few years ago one of my cousins’ friends introduced my mom, sister and I to Clarisonic. She bluntly said ‘there are only two things I need in my life: Clarisonic and dark chocolate’. I already have the dark chocolate part down, next is the Clarisonic. I’ve got this 😉
My birthday is in just a few short days!!! I will be turning 29. As I look back on the past 9 years of my twenties, here are 29 things that I have learned:
1. If something doesn’t feel right, it’s probably not.
2. You don’t have to say ‘yes’ to everything.
3. Take care of yourself first. Then, you can take care of those around you. Self love is key to a happy and healthy mind and life.
4. Change brings amazing things in life. If you are not moving forward, you are not changing. Staying in the same place or taking a step back lead to an unfulfilled, monotonous existence. Bring on the change!!!
5. Stick up for what you believe even if you’re afraid of the reaction.
6. Less is more.
7. Always tell the truth. Honesty really is the best policy.
8. Be honest about how you feel. People cannot read your mind. If they care about you and respect you, they will change. If they don’t, then they are not for you.
9. Laughter is the best medicine. Don’t take yourself or this thing called life so seriosuly.
10. If you want something done, do it yourself.
11. It is what it is. Learn to accept people and things for who and what they are.
12. Sympathy sickness is a real thing. Put up an imaginary shield.
13. Walking outside in fresh air is amazing therapy.
14. Your mind can be a dangerous place. Don’t dwell on the negative.
15. Do not surround yourself with negative people who talk poorly about others and have judgements on how other people choose to live.
16. What’s meant to be will be.
17. Acupuncture is life changing.
18. Alcohol (even wine) should only be drank once a week, twice max. As I get older, the crappier I feel after I drink alcohol.
19. You can never have enough pairs of black leggings.
20. Most packaged foods contain poison. If you can’t pronounce the ingredients, you probably shouldn’t eat it.
21. Being an adult is hard. I hate checking my bank statements and reading the mail.
22. An Epsom lavender salt bubble bath will make you a new woman (or man).
23. Sometimes taking a break during a disagreement can help you prioritize the problem and make you think clearer.
24. Bite your tongue. Not all your thoughts need to become words.
25. There’s always someone who has it worse than you. With that said, don’t let other minimize your problems. They’re not living your life and walking on your path.
26. Wear quality workout clothes that you love – it’ll give you more motivation to put them on and workout!
27. Sending cards is not out of style. A friendly note can brighten someone’s day.
28. There’s comfort in knowing that everything is temporary. If things are going good, enjoy it because it won’t last forever. And if things are going bad, don’t worry. It can’t last forever either.
29. BE PRESENT. Put the phones away during mealtime. We are all guilty of this at times. Be present with the people you are spending time with.
Tonight for dinner I whipped up a shrimp stirfry which took less than 10 minutes! Here’s how I did it:
Heat a saucepan to medium-high heat. Pour frozen stirfry veggie mix in. Defrost cooked frozen shrimp in a bowl of cold water. Pour shrimp into veggie mix and cook until it’s all warmed through. Sprinkle with onion powder, sea salt and coconut aminos.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and voila! Dinner is served 🙂
What are some things you learned in your 20s?