Worked up an appetite after a spin class followed by a walk by the beach with my girlfriend. The weather was overcast – we didn’t mind.
I came home and cooked up a storm.
Made two batches of cereal to eat the next few weeks. One was a puffed kamut cereal with flax seeds, goji berries, mesquite powder, maple syrup, and stevia. The other was a puffed millet, cinnamon, cacao nibs, agave nectar and stevia. Add a dash of sea salt and drizzle with oil (I used olive oil, any will do!) and make sure to check on it so it doesn’t burn!!! It happens so quickly so keep an eye on it.
To see the full recipe for DIY cereal here.
Next up I whipped up some lunch. Tuna with veganaise, onion powder, carrots and craisins. With a side of way too many pickles and these crunchy and delicious cheddar crackers.
After I made gluten free granola bars for Adam and I to snack on over the week. Who am I kidding? These will likely be gone by the end of the day LOL
No bake Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola Bars
2 1/2 cups gluten free oats
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/3 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Dash of pink Himalayan sea salt (or any salt)
1/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
1. In a bowl he coconut oil, almond butter and honey in the microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute. Stir to combine.
2. In a large bowl mix oats, salt and shredded coconut
3. Pour heated mixture into the large bowl of oats. Stir.
4. Pour half the chocolate chips. Stir. (The chocolate will melt into mixture)
5. Line a pan with tin foil and pour mixture in to set. Use spatula to press mixture into mold.
6. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the top
7. Immediately transfer to freezer so the chocolate chips on top will not melt for 5 minutes
8. Remove from freezer and press chocolate chips into mixture to set.
9. Cover with tin foil and poke holes with a fork
10. Place in refrigerator to set for an hour
Goodluck not devouring the whole batch in one sitting!
What recipes do you make that you want to eat the whole thing at once?
Cheers! xxJ 🍫