I did lots of DIY to decorate for the cocktail hour and reception. And by DIY, I mean crafting my own things as well as findings cute items to display on our big day.
I found a few 8×10 gold picture frames from Marshall’s and TJ Maxx to make signs for the cocktail hour.
- ‘All my love all of my life’ sign
- Instagram hashtag board #KeepingUpWithTheKaplans
- table escort cards/lotto favor – frame: “Jenna and Adam lucky in love “
- I bought 2 black smaller frames from the Dollar Store to make the ‘bride and grooms’ favorite drink’ signs.
We purchased the cocktail napkins from The Knot for the Friday night rehearsal dinner and for the cocktail hour on the wedding day. If you sign up on the website, you get coupons for discounts every week.
- I made a sign-in book ordered from Shutterfly with pictures of Adam and I. Since I registered at Macy’s for my bridal shower they gave me a coupon for a free Shutterfly picture book. Score!
- A&J gold letters from Michaels ( I used a 40% off coupon)
- A gold glitter sign that said ‘HAPPY HOUR’ from Marshall’s
- We borrowed an envelope box in the shape of a carriage from our family friend. It added a fairy tale touch. Super cute and whimsical.
Photo Credit: Palm Beach Photography
- On the men and women bathroom doors I purchased two frames to put pictures of Adam and I growing up. The frames hung in bathroom doors using two wreath holders for each that I scored from Joann’s Fabric store during the holiday season.
- Upon entering the ceremony we had a table with yarmulkes for the men and a DIY wedding program I found on Pinterest and changed up the wording and some other parts of the template.
- I found a mezuzah that you fill with the broken glass from the ceremony online. It was cool to take something from the most important part of the day, the ceremony, to keep in our home.
- For the reception we had ordered foam glow stick wands with our wedding hashtag and date from Etsy. Sadly, the band never passed them out :/ Instead, we figured we could throw a house party for our one year anniversary to make use of them 🙂
Finding and making your own decor can really help save $$$ and personalize your event!